APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 TRAVEL GRANTS ARE NOT YET OPEN – PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON
Application Guidelines and Instructions:
The Graduate Leadership Council (GLC) is pleased to announce a competition for travel grants funded by the GLC. Graduate students of all schools at American University may apply for this grant if they will be participating in a conference as an AU student. Grant recipients will be eligible to receive $500 for travel in support of the aforementioned activities.
Within one week of their return, grant recipients will be required to submit the following materials to email@example.com:
1) a short, 200-word summary of the trip that explains how the experience complemented their academic studies or professional development goals and any relevant highlights/challenges; and
2) at least one relevant photo from their experience that may be featured on the GLC website.
You must be a graduate student at American University in good standing (3.0 minimum GPA). All activities must be directly related to your academic studies at AU or to relevant professional development goals. The grant cannot be used to fund a semester or short-term study abroad program. The grant cannot be used to fund a practicum.
- Student Information Form
- Statement of Purpose – A detailed description of how you plan to use the proposed grant (200-to-400 words). Applicants will tailor their statement and provide specific information for the proposed opportunity.
- Itemized Budget and Proposed Travel Itinerary Outline
- Letter of Recommendation – An American University faculty member is preferred but professional recommendations are accepted if applicable to the conference. The letter may be included in your application materials or submitted directly from your recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unofficial American University Transcript – If you have yet to complete a semester at American University, please include an official or unofficial transcript from your previous institution.
- Conference Registration Forms (applicable for conference attendance) or Paper Abstract (applicable for conference presentation)
Application Process and Deadlines:
- Submit completed applications by email: email@example.com
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until February 2019.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days before your intended departure date.
AU ID #:
Date of Birth:
Current Cumulative GPA:
Expected Graduation Date:
Date(s) of Travel:
Requested Amount (up to $500):
Purpose of Travel: □ Research □ Internship □ Conference □ Other: _______________
Are you a Foreign National? □ Yes □ No
AU Faculty Recommender
If applicable, please provide the name of your faculty supervisor. Otherwise, please provide the name and contact information of a faculty member at AU who could provide a reference for you, if necessary.
Name of supervisor/recommender: