The Graduate Leadership Council is accepting VP of Programming applications for the 2018-19 academic year now through July 28th! Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to serve the graduate student community at American University as well and recieve a student support payment $! Apply now!
Vice President of Communications Position Description:
- Maintain regular communication with the graduate student body on behalf of the President via platforms including but not limited to e-mail, social media, and newsletters.
- Send monthly “Newsletters from the GLC” detaiing important news, upcoming events, and opportunities for involvement.
- Be in charge of updating the Graduate Leadership Council website.
- Be in charge of updating the Graduate Leadership Council Facebook and other forms of social media daily. This includes status updates, events, and photos.
- Coordinate the Graduate Leadership Council’s strategic marketing efforts, including the design, production and distribution of all publicity, advertising, marketing and branding materials.
- Serve as the liaison between GLC and AU Voices.
- Work with the Vice President of Finance to ensure that the Graduate Leadership Council’s website and online publicity tools are consistent with the organization’s advertising, marketing and branding efforts.
- Must be a registered incoming or current graduate student of good academic standing (Minimum 3.0 GPA) from one of the following schools: College of Arts and Sciences, Kogod School of Business, School of Communication, School of International Service, or School of Public Affairs
- Must be able to serve the academic year 2018-2019 from July 1, 2018 though May 1, 2019
- Must not be elected to a position on a school’s Graduate Student Council or to an office of a graduate student club or organization during the academic year 2018-2019