The American University Student Government, Graduate Leadership Council, and Student Bar Association unite in response to the horrific mass shooting that took place in Las Vegas last night, the worst mass shooting in modern American history.
Our thoughts go out to the victims of this act of violence and to their families, friends, and loved ones. We recognize the impact this tragedy has had on members of our AU community, and we express our support for all affected.
We are heartbroken that mass shootings like this continue to plague our nation. Together, we urge lawmakers to come together on gun control and enact laws to prevent further tragedies.
We encourage our peers to join us and other organizations at AU to take action to support victims and their loved ones. We will be organizing a blood drive and fundraiser in the coming weeks and will share more information on our websites and via social media.
- Office of the Dean of Students: walk-in hours 2-4pm daily, Butler 408 (email@example.com, 202-885-3300)
- AU Counseling Center: walk-in hours 2-4pm daily, MGC 214 (202-885-3500)
- Directors and Resident Assistants in the Residence Halls
- International Student & Scholar Services (firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-885-3350)
- Kay Spiritual Life Center (email@example.com, 202-885-3320)
Mina Kato, President
Taylor Dumpson, President
Allen Liu, President